I am a certified translator with over 10 years of experience in the sector.
After an MA in Foreign Language Studies at the University of Verona and various teaching and work experiences abroad, I worked for three years as project manager and in-house translator for a translation agency in Italy, after which I went freelance.
I am a qualified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (UK) , I am registered as a Legal Translator with the Court and the Chamber of Commerce of Verona and, in January 2017, I passed the AIS qualification exam and became a professional Sommelier. In March 2020 I was also admitted to the professional association Société Française des Traducteurs (France).
I currently work with multiple translation agencies and offer my services to clients and businesses both in Italy and abroad.
Education and Experience
- January 2013 – present: Freelance translator
- September 2010 – May 2013: Project Manager and in-house translator for a translation agency in Verona
- September 2009 – December 2009: Translator and event coordinator at the Istituto Italiano di Cultura in San Francisco, United States
- October 2007 – April 2008: Italian language assistant at the Denis Diderot and Antonin Artaud institutes in Marseilles, France
- July 2009: Master's Degree in Foreign Language Studies (English, French and Spanish) – University of Verona
- 2004-2005: Study year abroad at the University of Leicester, UK
- Qualified Member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, UK
- Qualified Member (Membre correspondant) of the Société Française des Traducteurs, France
- Associated member of the Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti, Italy
- Expert Witness Translator with the Court of Verona
- Registered Expert Translator with the Chamber of Commerce of Verona
- AIS Professional Sommelier
- Trados Studio 2019
- Abbyy Fine Reader 15
- Dragon Naturally Speaking 13
- Suite Microsoft
Applications and Corpora Used
- Legal English 500 – US & UK Criminal and Commercial Law, TransLegal (july 2020)
- International Arbitration Law – Università degli Studi di Verona, Faculty of Law (February 2020)
- How to improve quality in specialised multilingual services, in particular in the legal field – ITI Conference 2019, Sheffield
- Legal English: International Contracts, SLIG School of Law International Group (December 2017)
- AIS Professional Sommelier course (December 2015 – January 2017) – AIS Italia
- From Trust to Promise to Contract (March 2015) – online course, Harvard University
- English for Law (May 2013) – SLIG School of Law International Group
- CEFR C2 certification issued by the University of Verona
- TOEIC (TEST OF ENGLISH FOR INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION) certification obtained in San Francisco, USA
- Certification for Legal English issued by SLIG, SCHOOL OF LAW INTERNATIONAL GROUP
- DALF C2 certification issued by the University of Montpellier, France